The original, award-winning ultralight personal “straw” filter for outdoor sports, survival and emergencies.
- Removes bacteria, parasites and microplastics
- Durable and ultralight: weighs only 2 ounces (0.10 lbs)
- Long-lasting: filters 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters), enough drinking water for an individual for over 5 years
- Ultimate survival tool, no shelf life, easy to clean and store, used and tested all over the globe
- This product gives back: One product, one school child, one year of clean water
How It Works
The original ultralight backpack and travel-friendly “straw” filter, the LifeStraw makes contaminated water safe to drink by removing bacteria and parasites, preventing the majority of waterborne disease. Use it to drink directly from streams and lakes, or fill up a container and use your LifeStraw to enjoy clean water on the go. The LifeStraw has unlimited shelf life and once opened can provide an individual with more than 5 years of safe drinking water.
The microbiological, hollow fiber membrane filters to 0.2 microns and removes:
- 99.999999% of bacteria (including E. coli)
- 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
- 99.999% of microplastics
- LifeStraw personal water filter includes mouthpiece cap, bottom cap and detachable lanyard
- Filtration technology: Hollow fiber microfiltration membrane (0.2 microns)
- Filter lifetime: 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters). Pores clog over time as filter is used; reaching end of life when water cannot pass through.
- Product Weight: 1.62 oz (0.10 lbs)
- Product Length: 9’’ x 1.20’’
- BPA Free materials
- No replaceable parts
- User’s manual provided in: English, French, German and Chinese
We believe that responsible manufacturing includes creating and maintaining a strong evidence base for our product claims and their intended impacts. All products undergo rigorous independent testing to meet or exceed protocols established by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) We also built and run an ISO accredited water laboratory based in Vietnam that does quality validation and testing of all of our new and existing products.
- Hollow fiber membrane filter: 0.2 micron pore size. Removes 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, and 99.999% of microplastics
- Also removes turbidity (silt, sand, and cloudiness)
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and protozoa reduction
- Hollow fiber filter lifetime: 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters)
- Filtration powered by: suction
- Flow Rate: 3 liters/min